on Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- Wash your hands with a mild soap and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your contacts.
- Insert or remove your contacts in the same order (left then right or vice versa) to avoid getting your lenses mixed up.
- Clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses following your eye care provider's instructions each time you remove them.
- Keep all solution bottles closed when not in use.
- Clean your contact lens case daily.
- Replace your contact lens case every three months.
- Remove contacts before you go swimming.
- Allow soaps, cosmetics, or other substances to come into contact with your lenses.
- Touch the tip of a contact lens care solution bottle to any surface, including your finger or your contact lens.
- Reuse - or add additional solution to - old contact lens care solution in the case.
- Wear contacts for longer than the prescribed time.
- Use solution after the expiration date marked on the bottle.
For more information, visit coopervision.com or consult your eye care practitioner.
on Tuesday, September 20, 2011
The American Optometric Association
recently published research findings from their annual Eye-Q® survey
. They found that a generational gap in habits and awareness exists when it comes to contact lens wear.
How often do you replace your contact lenses? The survey results show that younger generations are more likely to follow their contact lens replacement schedule and general wear and care guidelines
more so than older generations. The replacement schedule is the length of time your contacts can be worn before they need to be replaced with new lenses (taking them out at nighttime is a given, unless your lenses are approved for extended wear). An array of replacement schedules is available - CooperVision offers contact lenses on a Daily
, and Monthly
replacement schedule - for more information, please click here
To keep your eyes healthy, always follow your replacement schedule, unless otherwise directed by your eye care practitioner. For more information and to read more survey results, please click here