on Thursday, April 15, 2010
CooperVision’s Contact Sports program kicks off today with the launch of a dedicated teen website – www.mycontactsports.com. Teens are all about choice and independence. We want to provide them with the opportunity to perform at their best during sports and extracurricular activities – when sometimes wearing glasses can get in the way of success.
What Contact Sports is All About:
• Dedicated Teen Website – www.mycontactsports.com
• Gear Up Grants – CooperVision is giving away ten $2,500 grants to teens across the country for new gear (sports equipment, performance gear). Check out www.mycontactsports.com for details and how to enter!
• Teen Spokespeople – Heather O’Reilly (professional soccer player) and Daniel Dhers (professional BMX bike rider) are on board to help us spread the word about contact lenses and sports.
• Partnerships with WePlay.com and the National High School Coaches Association will help us spread the word about Gear Up Grants.
• Social Media – engaging teens in the world they live in. Check out what CooperVision is doing in social media: www.facebook.com/CooperVisionECP (for Eye Care Professionals) and www.facebook.com/CooperVision (for Patients)
Practitioners, check out the site for marketing support to help you launch this program in your office, including a patient email template, press release template for fitting guide event, local media outreach kit, and much more.
Parents, check out the Info for Parents section of the teen website for information about CooperVision, contact lens rebates and offers, and tips to share with your teen when discussing contact lenses.
Life is a contact sport, Gear Up!