on Thursday, December 15, 2011
There are currently over 800 million active Facebook users. Of those 800 million, almost half access Facebook on a mobile device.* Mobile posting will allow postings to be more spontaneous and original, which may allow the personality of your practice to shine through on your wall. Fans may be more inclined to interact with a mobile post because of its uniqueness. Posting photos on your mobile device is simple and highly recommended; whether it is a photo of a hard-working optician, a new frame line, new technology in the office or a fun holiday photo. Interaction is important when it comes to the credibility of your page, keep this in mind when posting. Surprisingly posting to your fan page wall on a mobile Facebook app is often times confusing. There is an easier way to post to your Facebook fan page! Follow the steps below to post to your Facebook fan page using your mobile device (you will need an email-capable device):
- You will first need to retrieve an assigned email address from your Facebook business page.
To do this go to your Facebook fan page, click the grey “edit page” button located in the top right hand side of your page.
- Click on the “Mobile” option in the list of options on the left hand side of your browser.
- Save the listed email address under the “With Mobile Email” section into your contacts for future posting.
- Compose an email to the saved email address.
- Enter the status you would like to have published to your wall into the subject section of the email, be sure leave the body of the email blank. Attach a photo to the email if you wish to post a photo to the wall of your page. Please note that many phones will allow you to email a photo straight from your image library, you may do this; just be sure to include a caption in the subject line of the drafted email.
- Send the email to the saved address and you have successfully posted to your page via mobile device!
*According to Facebook Statistics, there are over 800 million users worldwide on the social network. Over 350 million users are accessing Facebook via mobile devices (11/11).