on Monday, October 4, 2010
As part of our Contact Sports initiative to educate and promote the importance of eye health, we recently awarded $25,000 in grants to help teen athletes succeed in sports. Athletes on the winning teams who need corrective lenses were also awarded a year supply of contact lenses. Congratulations to our ten winning teams!
- Lake High School Volleyball Team, Toledo, Ohio
- Dryden High School Varsity Girls Swim Team, Dryden, N.Y.
- Illinois Valley High School Soccer Team, Selma, Ore.
- Woodstream Christian Academy Varsity Basketball Teams, Bowie, Md.
- Victor Senior High School Blue Devils Marching Band, Victor, N.Y.
- Manvel High School Girls Soccer Team, Manvel, Texas
- Orlando Thunder Water Polo Club, Orlando, Fla.
- Grover Cleveland High School Boys Soccer Team, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Blue Wave Aquatics Swim Club, Elkhart, Ind.
- Kahuku High School Girls Volleyball Team, Kahuku, Hawaii
Visit our teen dedicated website to read their stories. Good luck this season to our grant winners!